Ansys and Rand Simulation presented an overview of Ansys Limerical for photonic integrated circuits on April 12, 2023. This video covers electronic-photonic design automation (EPDA) workflows and the Lumerical compact model library (CML) compiler -- providing an end-to-end representation for today’s modern optical and photonic engineers and product manufactures.
To foster a design ecosystem for integrated photonics, Ansys Lumerical and Cadence have co-developed design workflows for photonic component designs and circuit designs, leveraging the state-of-the-art design tools of Cadence and Ansys Lumerical. Meanwhile, CML Compiler automates the creation, maintenance, and QA testing of INTERCONNECT and Verilog-A photonic compact model libraries (CMLs) from a single data source of measurements and simulation results.
Why should I Watch This Video?
- Get the opportunity to learn the EPDA design workflow for schematic and layout driven designs
- Understand using CMLC to facilitate the foundry PDK generation
- Get an inside look into foundry supported Verilog-A workflows
- Stay up-to-date with next generation of technologies and simulation software
What will I learn about and how will it help me?
- Understand the uses of Ansys Lumerical for PIC simulations
- Learn about Ansys Lumerical’s feature set and workflows for EPDA
- Learn about Lumerical’s CML compiler and its benefits
- Leave with a better understanding of the photonics industry
- Understand how Lumerical is transforming the technology industry and the next generation of advanced photonics products
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Yaelle Olivier